Saturday, November 14, 2009

Like a Bag of Bricks

I have been very aware of the enlargement tools for the computer screen for many years. Often at work when I can't read a number sequence, small print of listed ingredients, or when I need to enlarge a computer screen on my projector at work for students, I utilize this feature. Just Friday, I was teaching the students working on research for Science Fair in the Computer Lab, to use this enlargement tool instead on sliding forward the screen.(I was severely warned against this practice by the lab teacher who also does a Jim-dandy job of managing cafeteria and line behavior) They were very impressed by the enlargement process and were much more willing readers I might add. But did this hit home with me? NO! I didn't see that I should ever really use the enlarger but dah! Today while I was doing some Windows Update Installations and had to see small print, I enlarged and failed to turn back to 100% when finished. I just sat down to check my email,....Presto Chango! for the first time in months(years?) I can comfortably see. Yes, comfortably! If you are a young person this seem odd to you, I know. Those of us 50+ understand. Another benenfit of large print is that it cuts off the ad margin of Facebook and other sites! Well enough said. I am a happier, more relaxed person due to the 150% magnification of my screen.

No comments: