Monday, November 9, 2009

Something Old, Something New

I'm always amazed at the lengths people will go just to cheat. It would be easier just to master the skill or fulfill the obligation as expected or required. This year alone I experienced the sign language cheaters, the paper grading cheaters, the take test for a friend cheaters, the copied from home ahead of time cheaters, the paper in the lap cheaters, and the so obvious that I'm cheating that I can't be cheating cheaters. I'm sure that I've forgotten one or two by now but you see my point? You plan, get in cahoots, hide things, develop a language...for crying out loud just spend 15 minutes preparing! Just read the assignment! Just put your effort into your work not your plan to be unprepared! If you hate to put out the effort just own up to it and fail! I hate the stunned look when I discreetly pick up the paper and whisper that I won't be able to take that grade. Never do I accuse, point the finger or use the dread word but it hangs in the air between us. They know that I know, and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Becky said...

No kidding! It amazed me the lengths that certain students will go to just to avoid doing actual work. That's hard work in itself! I must say, though, the sign-language spelling test cheaters were pretty crafty (or so they thought)!

...It would drive me bananas to see that dumb "What did I do?" look on their faces! I have seen glimpses of it already and it's hard for that to not get the best of my patience.