Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day Reaction/Action

Hmmm! I did enjoy a day off but now the price to pay. A week of wetness(hard on the septic system, pet comins and goins, shoes, cars, and RECESS). A delayed Valentine party at school must be had. One day behind on the new week before it starts. So I started today with an hour of WItennisizing, and some vigorous cleaning including the shower doors! Add to that a healthy lunch, a game of Solitaire, and the 2 o'clock viewing of Wolfman and perhaps the lapse of Snow Day A Mania will resurface. Did I mention I'm an Olympic Hater? Well I'm trying to pour myself into the Winter Olympics so I began last night by watching almost the entire Opening Ceremonies. When they had completed the show and announced that Wayne Gretski would bring in the torch in 12 minutes I fell asleep! I awoke just in time to miss the 4th torch that wouldn't light and Steve Nash my personal favorite! I did see them light the city torches, all 4 of them. I had sufficiently bonded with all the high profile athletes that were bio-ed and am anxious to lose myself in the world of Women's Hockey. Let's see how long this lasts. Perhaps as long as the enthusiasm for the snow!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ha! I love it. I tell people about your hating the Olympics, and they ask, "Why?!?!?" I admire your immersion into the opening ceremonies in an effort to change your mind.

...Let me know how the wolfman is!