Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Effects of No TV

Well the TV in our TV room has sound but no picture. We watched the Cowboys game in our bedroom. The result was a loooong nap for James, and paper grading time for me. The Cowboys did have an amazing game thanks in part to my new favorite player, Myles Austin. After dinner we had coffee in the TV room to the sounds of the TV. It seemed to work almost, until something I heard caught my attention. When I turn to get the visual--no visual. It was just weird. And to think we needed the background noise of the TV to resume our coffee routine. As James then went out to spray an ant bed, he left me at the picture less TV. 2 minutes later when he came in he commented. "You're gone already?" I had moved to the computer. Now he and Jimmy are reading the owner's manual of our 12 year old big screen in hopes of a magical cure. I think by tomorrow at this time James might realize that this has opened a door to buy a new fancy, spancy TV with all the modern bells and whistles. Merry Christmas Family!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Isn't it weird to think that families used to gather around the radio for an evening of listening?! I think sports are especially difficult to just listen to, as I need the visual element to augment my paltry knowledge of the players, various plays, etc.

No kidding- I'd have thought Dad would be excited to make a late-night run to Best Buy or something for a new sleek HD telly!