Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Establishing a New Identity


Only summer would provide me with enough time to have this problem. When I 'm busy and productive I either like myself or just don't notice my short comings so much. What has been the focus of this summer? Wrinkles, sagging skin, horrid age spots. I sound like a beauty cream ad. I remember a few years ago when lined up with my peers that they all had these sagging jaws and chins. I sighed a breath of relief that mine was still in tact. Well as I survey the damage of age, sun, the growing and shrinking of the body and the attached skin..Oh my I shouldn't have even started looking. It is like germs. I can't get to thinking about them for fear that they really could become an all consuming entity. So I've done this survey of myself and just can't get a handle on this new me. Maybe or probably it isn't new, just new to me. All the things I see can't be fixed. These things are now-me. So how does one go about handling these imperfections? The only solution that I've come up so far is a lot more smiles and a little more fabric.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Snap out of it!

LOL just kidding. But seriously, you're so beautiful! You're petite and delicate, but strong at the same time. You don't have a saggy chin. Get out of here!

As far as advice goes, I just think of what you told me in countless department store dressing rooms, "Ya just gotta have the confidence to pull it off!"

And, something else you suggested, when I was stuck in a self-deprecating funk: "Have you done smoething nice for anyone lately?

But I agree about free time being an opportunity for too much thinking/inspecting!