Friday, July 23, 2010

What Now?

I have been very positive since my last self pitying post. I have forgotten my wrinkles and crepy skin. I have focused on the good in my life. I have laughed, eaten, and enjoyed the company of others, BUT Isn't there always a but? I was doing fine, much better, when I discovered the Facebook page and blog of my long lost 1st cousin. I'm am just inadequate. She quilts, knits, writes, bakes and decorates cakes, is a missionary, studying spanish, gourmet cooks, supports her community, is in socail organizations and really cares about these things and does them very well. She states that her husband is her motivator. Maybe I can blame James for my short comings. My only motivation this summer has been exercising, tennis, and cleaning. Now that sounds just downright selfish. It is. I'm making a resolution right here, right now to do something to help others, or is productive, or is well done, soon. Maybe tomorrow, right after tennis!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Mom! You can't compare yourself to others. Besides, you do lots of wonderful things. You are taking an online professional development course, you exercise, you're a great cook, you blog, read, and you are a regular church-goer. Not only that, but you provide the people in your life with an endless supply of fun, singing and dancing. :) You have a generous heart and witty spirit. Not only that, your job itself is admirable and altruistic- and you do it incredibly well.

I'm just saying that you already provide so much to so many people, you shouldn't worry about that.