Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mashups! Who Thought of Those?


The question is now, "What is it that one cannot do or create?" I loved the Flickr color matcher. It is like the designer's dream come true. When you need art the exact color of the stripe in your bedspread then presto- chango. I can't believe I haven't seen it used on HGTV (Home and Garden Television). I could use it in science to teach about the spectrum of color and to have a lot of fun. Probably more fun than knowledge could be gained. The Mosaic Maker is the mashup that really caught my eye. I can imagine adding a collection of curriculum specific
content to a Mosaic and using it as a writing motivator, vocabulary reinforcer, or perhaps an imaginative sequencing activity. It could also be a great way to integrate the Technology TEKS with other content areas. Boy, learning is just getting a whole lot more fun. I just hope I can remember to use all these new tools when August rolls around. Just to be on the safe side I have down loaded my mudslide Mosaic to have on hand when the need arises. Fifth grade students are also required to learn the states and capitols. I can imagine a lot of ways Mappr could be used not only to teach states and capitols but help the students really learn about the United States. It could also be a pretty nifty open house project. Because I am starting to ramble on, I think I will close this post and go back and play (explore) some more on Mosaic Maker.

2 comments:

VWB said...

after you play some more, please post one of your creations so we can see! those mosaics are so interesting

p.s. please include the Thing #XX in your titles of your ost

LauraAnn said...

I haven't seen anything funny all day!

Just wanted you to know that I was here, looking around. (7:22 Thurday morning) Are you up and blogging?