Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Frozen Failures

How could this happen in just 4 days? How could it be that 2 priceless frozen treats could go bad? Saturday morning after tennis I went back to the same 7-11 that had the Crystal Light Slurpee but the warning light was on. I could tell through the glass that it was nearly ready so I helped myself. What a disappointment. It was almost as disappointing as an undercooked egg. I tried to spruce it up with a few ice cubes but the whole time I was drinking it I kept imagining my teeth turning bright orange. Then on a hot lazy Sunday afternoon James and I headed out for our first sugar free snow cone of the season. I had a bad feeling when the menu of sugar free flavors could not be read because the print had gotten wet and run down the page that was still taped in the hut window. I kept the faith but when I asked the girl what the flavors were she was sheepish. Never trust a shy snow cone girl with a bad complexion. After filling our glasses with shaved ice she informed us they had....sugar free watermelon. I found this to be just a dull sweetness with artificial color. James liked his but he likes simple sweet but I need the punch of tart! How could this happen in one week. I guess I should have just trusted my instincts and ordered a water. Water is just so plain.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh no! There are few things worse than a disappointing treat. :( That's like me and my iced coffee. It has to be juuuuusst right, or I get all underwhelmed. Hopefully the next time you go to 7-11, the warning light won't be on.