Monday, August 2, 2010

Waiting for the Connection

I've been waiting and waiting to see what common thread would finally link my daughter to her new co-worker. You know how you meet someone and you just don't quite click? Then over a number of days, weeks, months, or years you finally find that thread that connects you. Even if you are really really different or don't even really like or respect one another. Well I have been waiting to see what that thread would be for my daughter and her new co-worker. She wasn't wild about him, or his mix into the office dynamic but I was sure the link would come. Would it be a fashion item, a line from a movie, a song, a lyric to a song, a line from a poem, food or a recipe, a quote? Well now we will never know for he has resigned. What a disappointment! This is just like a book with a weak ending.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ha! I told my small group leader (because I mentioned wanting patience with him as a prayer request when we met Thursday), and she replied back "that's good...for you! Prayers work in mysterious ways." He only made it 2 weeks?!