Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is She Doing?


When I check and she hasn't posted a blog post I wonder what she has been doing? Reading some great work of literature? Weaving a nest of new ideas? Painting a masterpiece for her brother? Buried in spiritual retreat? Conjuring up some vegetarian delight? Oh yes, busy washing dishes! It is hard to imagine that at times she has to put these other pleasure on hold and tend to menial maintenance tasks. How awful it would be if there weren't a clean spoon with which to stir her french pressed coffee and cream. Thought of the day: Even those with the loftiest of interests must stoop to cleanliness and order. I miss your words.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hmm having made my eggplant focaccia sandwich, I can settle down to thinking of a blog post idea.

I had no idea my interests were lofty! And, isn't there something lofty about pursuing cleanliness and order?