Friday, June 26, 2009

An Ad That Caught My Eye


This morning on TV I heard a slogan I liked. It said, "We've put the NO in innovation." It turns out they were talking about good ol' Shredded Wheat. But that is the very way I sometime feel about technology. I just want to stop the wheels of technology from turning until I get caught up. No new programs, gadgets, or tools until I figure these out. I know that will never happen so I'll just keep rowing upstream without a paddle knowing that the picnic lunch is just a couple of impossible short strokes away.

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Sister, what has happened to you? I notice a downward trend in your recent posts: Summer disappointments and the "no" in innovation? I must add that I understand completely, having had a crummy technological week (did you notice that the words no logic are embedded in technology?), but you are usuallly so chipper! Maybe you need to splurge on some homemade peppermint ice cream and an evening of floating in the pool!

Becky said...

Mom, I LOVE the "No in innovation" shredded wheat ads too! "Where has progress taken us? I'd say it's taken us for a ride."
Haha being the girl who writes letters and loves lithography, I think I know how you feel.

Becky said...

PS- I love your summer joys/disappointments lists! I think Dutch's underwhelming onion rings would be on my list too. Hmmm this sounds like a great idea for a new posting of my own...