Friday, June 19, 2009

Task 3, Skype

I am just getting started with Skype but want to make a few notes early on. Session 1 I just read about Skype. First impressions- I don't even know anybody living abroad(yet), is this the technology we use to do our live videoconferencing with the Fort worth Museum of Science and our sister school? Second impressions after reading on- Hmmmm, I could meet someone abroad such as another teacher living in a place we are studying. And yes this is probably the technology that lets live videoconferencing take place, although I have never had to set up the actual equipment. At this point I can see coordinating such an effort but can't I call the techies to execute it for me? Third impression- I loved this post.10 Disruptions that could transform your class by 2 cents worth
If you didn't read then please do. I love it when someone can make gadgetry and technology seem cost effective.

1 comment:

LauraAnn said...

Hey, we could try to skype with each other! At least then we could say we had tried it. Maybe next weekend?