Monday, June 15, 2009

Task 2, Job 2, Wordsift

I put the same paragraph about the water cycle into Wordsift. The visual collage is much less impressive art-wise but much more detailed meaning-wise. It is quite handy the way that when you click on any of the words that it gives you the word web and word derivation. I also like the search results for each term. I liked the way the teacher in the demo used it to teach the Chavez lesson although I couldn't imagine myself using it quite that way. I was thinking something like:

Write paragraph, paste in Wordsift, create art, find information from 3 new sources, click on any word, print a word web from one sifted term.

I miss all the artistic options that I loved on Wordle, but I see that the purpose of the 2 sites are totally different.

No comments: