Thursday, July 9, 2009

2nd Life, Revisited

I was so thrilled to have 5 responses that I vowed to try 2nd Life again. I logged on, down loaded the program, and went through the 9 slide tutorial. I had a ball changing my avatar to try to make it really look like me. I was also getting pretty good at flying. Being techno shy I didn't talk to anyone although someone gave me a landmark that I discarded(whatever that means) By this time I had been on well over an hour. I used search to find something new but wasn't very good at this. I found somethings I thought might be good for school such as the recommended tornado and tsunami but when I click the button to take me there nothing happened. Should this happen quickly? Maybe I was impatient and should have waited longer. I will try again tomorrow. I must admit that I see that this could be entertaining possibly educational. Uncle. Uncle.

1 comment:

VWB said...

there is a board that you walk up to close to the water's edge for the tsunami...the controls are there. For the tornado, I am not remembering what you have to do to start it...will have to think on it!