Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Digital Citizenship Faux Pas?

I just wrote a blog response on my sister's blog that should have really been a blog post of its own on my blog! I will paste it below for your reading pleasure. Is it rude, or using poor manners to enter a blog response of great length on someone else's blog? There is a good question for Digital Citizenship Police? Is there an Emily Post of the computer world? If not there is a job for someone! Until then I'll just act ignorant(act?)

Anyway my sister bogged about the yahoo Article declaring the death of the Ipod when she just recently got won herself. She also wrote about the never ending race to keep up with technology. I'm sure we all know that feeling or we wouldn't be participating in this summer program. So here is my response to her posting:

Oh crud, I was just considering an Ipod myself. I have never before because I just love free FM radio and yes, I even love the DJ"s and advertisements. I like a variety of forms of music but do not like to learn the names of artists or the names of songs for that matter. I mainly like something that has a shoulder dancing beat, a catchy tune or some collection of words that I feel connected to somehow. I haven't really needed an Ipod but was considering it anyway. Recently I went on a short bus trip with a majority of seniors who were listening to their Ipods. I felt perhaps the time was right for me. I am cheap and terribly practical so I just kept thinking I'd get a multi-purpose tool with a built in music device when I got my next cell phone. So now I've decided for sure. I will not invest in a personal music downloading system now. I will wait and am anxious to see how much better it will be than an Ipod when I purchase my next 4G, 5G,or 6G cellphone, information system, camera, music device and toilet cleaner all in one!

No comments: