Thursday, July 3, 2008

Library Thing # 10? No,11

Library Thing is great. I had a good time looking through it and using some of the tools. I found the search to be very effective even when I had very little information on a title. My students are always asking me what they should read. How easy to keep a random list available for them. There are often times I hate to give my titles to them because I like reading these to them.

If students are given a choice of literature for an assignment this would be a great tool to use. It is so helpful to actually see a cover when getting the basic information for a book.

I love young adult literature and know this would be a great way to share and get good titles for my own personal reading. Surely there are others who share this passion.

Time well spent on Library Thing without bleeding over into workout time!

3 comments:

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Your students will love being able to "consult" your Library Thing. I bet they'll have books to add and comments to make. Do you think that the ones that are reluctant to make observations or ask for advice, will respond to your Library? As long as my district doesn't block it, I hope to have Shelfari available to my elementary students. I am using Library Thing to organize my books for the more mature crowd, and that means everything will be there. Haven't had much time to work on either lately--too fascinated by all the new stuff I've learned bout in 23 Things

Anonymous said...

I aggree with you, Librarything is a good tool. Someone made the suggestion to me that the kids can even use this tool to write comments about the books they read. I plan to use this in my classroom with the kids who want to use this. It would be good to get them into reading and writing about what they read! I like your blog! Nice design and very creative!

Librarian Peggy said...

Hi, I was wondering how you imported your pictures of books from Library Thing to your blog? I've created the assignment. thanks