Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Number 14 Technorati


I found the blog searches using tags on Technorati quick, organized, and focused. It just eliminates a lot of searching around. I especially liked the video options shown with every search. In science I think some amateur videos are more real to students that professionally done videos. They think,"This is just a real person doing something, somewhere that I have actually heard of." Technorati just seems another way of using your time researching more effectively. I think this could benefit both teachers and students doing any type research. I found a great science teacher blog and a great mudslide video clip. Did anyone else out there find anything great?

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Hi, sister! I'm not sure if you read my blog on Technorati, but I was not very complimentary of it, at least at first. I didn't find any great sites, but I know I didn't give it an adequate chance...

There is a great article on Technorati included in one of the other assignments, but I have included the link here...
http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/archives/1170#comments

There is much to tell about my visit w/ Lucille and the death man. I will call you tomorrow afternoon and give you all the details.

I haven't written my blog entry today, but I do have an idea for it. Hopefully it will be up by the time you read tomorrow!

Love, Sister

nancym said...

I saw the David Warlick article( the disrutive thinker) How could I not check it out? What was the #10 favorite search? It either started with an x or Z. Anyway it confirmed that the common denominator of the world is low, low, low...I wish I could add the tune to those words but I'm sure you know the song. Off to Sville to work. Nan

Mrs. Lam said...

So I am reading other people's blogs to find out what they thought of Technorati (as I found it to be a bit confusing, and I was unsure of how to use it in the classroom)UNTIL I read your blog! I also teach science (5th grade) and I completely agree that students' interests would be up if they watched "ordinary people" perform experiments. Thanks for your post. I will give Technorati another shot!