Saturday, July 12, 2008

Task 17 On a Roll with Rollbar

Rollbar is bloggalicious! When I created my own search sites for science videos it gave me a very streamlined and tailor made list of search results. No more, where did I see that! I put in 5 of my favorite sites for science videos and I know I can trust their resources. I do plan to do more video searches in new places this year but for the old standbys this is terrific. I had trouble getting it to drag to my toolbar so I just added in my favorites for now. Did anyone else have this problem?
I can see really using this feature from both home and at work. Practical, usable, easy..

2 comments:

VWB said...

did you attempt to put Rollyo into a text box or an HTML box from the Page Elements list...try the HTML one if you haven't already...I beleive it is code so it needs that box.

LauraAnn said...

Again, I have to say that learning occurs when there is a need for it: case in point, when I read about Rollyo I wasn't really sure if I'd use it. The favorites on my computer seemed like they would suffice, I knew how to use it, easy-peasy.

But when I went to the AP Conference at Rice this week and heard about all these new web resources, it occured to me that a roll would be a great place to list them!

I might not be able to remember the exact site names two weeks from now, but won't it be nice to simply think, "Oh, that's in my roll of AP-related sites!" and go quickly to the source.